For years, women have been asking plastic surgeons to re-sculpt them in the image of their favorite celebrities. While I find this a bit warped and twisted, I can certainly see where the desire comes from. In our less creative moments, we all turn to imitation to inspire us. It seems only natural that when you hate your nose and can’t figure out what to do about it, you will covet the nose of a beautiful celebrity.
Some of Hollywood’s most commonly copied features include Megan Fox’s eyes, Jessica Alba’s nose, Angelina Jolie’s lips, and Scarlet Johansson’s breasts. However, it is rare that a woman will ask her plastic surgeon to recreate her entire appearance in the image of one particular celebrity. After all, that would be lunacy.
One woman took this madness a step farther than I ever imagined possible. Annette Edwards, a 57-year-old British woman whose obsession with rabbits borders on unhealthy, recently spent more than $16,000 to look exactly like Jessica Rabbit.
I know what you must be thinking, because I had the same initial reaction. It’s going to take a whole lot more than $16,000 to look like a cartoon character. But seriously, who in their right mind would ever ask their plastic surgeon to make them look like a cartoon?
Let me paint a psychological profile of the woman who actually thought it would be fun to become a carbon copy of a fictional character. She is:
- A mother of 10 (gulp!)
- A great grandmother at the age of 57 (she must’ve started popping them out young)
- The proud owner of the world’s largest rabbit (she’s in the Guinness Book of World Records and has broken her own record three times already — must be something in the water)
- The type of person who thought it would be a good idea to pack four major plastic surgery procedures into one week in order to complete the transformation quicker (“Just cut me up all at once, Doc.”)
- Not afraid to admit that her obsession with rabbits spurred her decision (or that she has an obsession with rabbits for that matter)
- Unable to shock her friends and family by making an utterly ridiculous, life-altering transformation into a cartoon character (apparently, it has been a LONG time since these moves have shocked anyone close to her)
Starting to get the picture? This woman is a total fruitcake.
You might be wondering what it takes to make a woman in her late 50s look like sexiest cartoon character ever (Jessica Rabbit was honored with this distinction earlier this year). Drum roll please…
Annette received a breast lift, brow lift, chin implants, and a series of BOTOX injections. When it came time to trade her middle aged, saggy figure for Jessica Rabbit’s hot rockin’ body, Annette decided to go au naturale, committing to a strict three month diet and exercise regimen. Her secret: “I’ve just really lived like a rabbit, eating only salads and cereals.”
I’m pretty sure our cartoon vixen didn’t get those sultry curves by eating only Cheerios and sprouts, but I guess this method saved our human protagonist (can I still call her human now that she’s been remade in the image of a cartoon?) a lot of money in liposuction and a tummy tuck.
Of course, if you’re like me, the curiosity must be getting the best of you by now. You’re just dying to see what a woman cosmetically altered to resemble a cartoon looks like. Drum roll please…
…You didn’t really think I’d make it that easy, did you? You’ll just have to wait for part 2.
To be continued…